About John Mattone & John Mattone Global, Inc.
- John Mattone Global, Inc., was co-founded by John and Gayle Mattone in September of 2011.
- JMG houses John Mattone’s personal brand—which includes his speaking and executive retreat offerings, CEO executive coaching offerings, leadership development and culture/cultural transformation offerings, intellectual property, and media assets which includes John’s books, blog, TV and podcast interviews.
- JMG owns an industry-leading 14 registered trademarks with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USTPO).
- John Mattone is the author of 10 books including 5 bestsellers. The Intelligent Leader (2019) was recognized by Forbes as a top leadership book of 2019 and Bookauthority.org has this book ranked as one of the best leadership books ever written. John’s latest work, The Executive Coach’s Handbook-Volume I, was released in August 2022 and became an Amazon best-seller and #1 Amazon best-selling new release in multiple categories.
- Since 2019, John Mattone has been ranked as the World’s #1 Executive Coach (Globalgurus Research Organization).
- Since 2017, JMG’s blog has been ranked as the World’s #1 Leadership Coaching Blog (over 700 blogs).
- JMG has an exhaustive global client list. We have worked with over 500 global clients from 53 countries.
- John Mattone has personally worked with and coached the late Steve Jobs, Roger Enrico, Chairman and CEO—PepsiCo, Bill Logue, CEO of FedEx Freight—FedEx, Daniel Reed, Chairman and CEO—UnitedLex, Armando Uriegas, President—Nielsen LATAM, Yasir Al-Rumayyan, Managing Director of the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund and Chairman of Saudi Aramco, Faisal bin Fadel Al-Ibrahim, Minister of Economy and Planning—Saudi Arabia, as well as many other global CEO’s—including some of the world’s game-changing millennial CEOs from industries like Crypto, Renewable Energy, and Space Exploration etc., as well as top government leaders from the US, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Greece, and Monaco, etc., and professional athletes.
- John Mattone is recognized as one of the world’s top leadership speakers and has spoken at some of the world’s most prestigious conclaves such as the Pendulum Summit (Ireland), World Business Forum (Sydney), and WOBI (Mexico City).
- In 2021, we launched Intelligent Leadership Coaching International: Pioneered by John Mattone, our international franchise/licensing opportunity in the hyper-growth coaching markets of India, EMEA, APAC and South America.
- In 2021, we launched our SaaS platform, program and company, Intelligent Leadership Online Academy, LLC (ILOA).
IL Global Impact
Improving Lives and Organizations Forever
John Mattone understands that truly great leadership always starts on the inside. More than that, John is a master of helping people discover and cultivate their innate leadership potential through advice that is both practical and profound.
author, “You Are the Universe”
John Mattone has helped some of the world’s most influential leaders. And he can do the same for you, if you let him.
author, The New York Times best-sellers “MOJO,” “What Got You Here Won’t Get You There” and “Triggers.”
John has composed the go-to guide for leaders, new and experienced. He has distilled his wisdom into easy-to-follow modules for leaders to be both effective and inspiring. He covers everything from self-concept, influencing others, daily skills, development, culture, and courage. This book should sit on every leader’s desk.
author, The Discomfort Zone: How Leaders Turn Difficult Conversations into Breakthroughs
This fast-moving, practical book shows you how to take complete charge of your life, achieve your goals, and get more done than ever before.
author, How the Best Leaders Lead
WHAT IS IL?
“Intelligent Leadership® is a transformational, results-driven leadership growth philosophy and process that ignites, cultivates, and polishes an individual’s heart, mind, and soul in support of creating a truly exceptional leadership and cultural capability in an organization.”
– John Mattone
The Evolution of Intelligent Leadership (IL)
- After receiving his M.S. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from UCF in 1980 and pursuing his Ph.D. in I/O Psychology for one year at Old Dominion University, John worked as an internal consultant at Stone & Webster Engineering Corporation and Conoco, Inc.
- In 1986, at 30 years old, John Mattone launched his first business, Mattone Enterprises.
- For 10 years, John was the sole employee of Mattone Enterprises. He delivered over 1,500 speeches, seminars and workshops all over the world. He also wrote and performed in multiple audio and video-based programs.
- John wrote his first book, Positive Performance Management in 1995.
- John wrote his second book, Success Yourself, in 1996, which was the first book ever written applying the concepts of the Enneagram to leadership and business.
- The book failed miserably, and the publisher soon thereafter went bankrupt. John and his wife Gayle along with their four children also were bankrupt and Mattone Enterprises closed.
- John went back to the business world at 39 and for the next 15 years he worked in key consulting and leadership roles for AlignMark, Inc., Drake Beam Morin, and Executive Development Associates. Along the way, however, he got fired once and laid-off twice.
- In early 2010, John was searching for a new executive role when Steve Jobs’ office called his residence. Steve Jobs had “by chance” picked up a copy of Success Yourself in a bookstore, enjoyed the book and had taken the 1st version MLEI assessment in the back of the book. He was interested in meeting John.
- This led to John’s opportunity to coach Steve Jobs—one year before he died. These events—which clearly at the time could only have been explained as fortuitous and being lucky, are today more accurately explained by John—who is deeply spiritual, as having been predestined. In fact, it was Steve Jobs’ who said, “you can only connect the dots looking backwards”
- John Mattone Global, Inc., officially launched in September 2011. John and his wife Gayle are co-founders and co-owners of JMG.
- Talent Leadership Bestseller published in 2012
- John’s and JMG’s brand growth and success coincided with global awards and recognition, a best-selling book, thinking and executing globally, and “scale” mentality.
- Coached Roger Enrico, former Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo in 2012. Roger and John were alumni of Babson College and they met at a Babson function.
- Mattone Leadership Enneagram Inventory (MLEI) Version II was created and launched in 2013 (database now of 10,000 leaders). MLEI Version I was created in 1996.
- Intelligent Leadership Bestseller published in 2013. This book was a more researched and deeper re-write of his earlier failed book, Success Yourself.
- Cultural Transformations Bestseller published in 2016.
- Launched JMG’s Executive Coaching and Leadership Blog in 2017. Since 2017, this Blog has been recognized as the world’s #1 executive coaching and business coaching blog.
- Re-branded JMG with a focus on Intelligent Leadership® in 2017.
- Created and launched the Intelligent Leadership Executive Coaching Certification Program in 2017. This Program is approved and accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF) for an industry-leading 93.5 Continuing Coach Education Units
- From 2017 to 2019, John certified over 500 executive coaches from 50 countries in the IL philosophy, process, and tools.
- In 2018, the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia hired John Mattone to coach Yasir Al-Rumayyan, Head of PIF and Chairman of Saudi Aramco as well as PIF’s senior leadership team.
- Also in 2018, Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Economy and Planning hired John to coach Faisal bin Fadel Al-Ibrahim, Saudi Arabia’s Vice Minister of Economy and Planning to prepare him for assuming the Minister’s role, which happened in 2021.
- In 2017 and 2018, John was ranked by the research organization Global Gurus, as one of the top three executive coaches in the world alongside Tony Robbins and Marshall Goldsmith.
- In 2018, John created an endowed scholarship fund in his name at the University of Central Florida –The John Mattone Leadership & Coaching Scholarship is awarded annually to a deserving Master’s or Ph.D. Industrial & Organizational Psychology who shows great promise and potential in the field of coaching and leadership.
- The Intelligent Leader Bestseller was published in 2019—Forbes #1 Leadership Book and one of the best leadership books of all time—Bookauthority.org.
- Co-founded the 1st Executive Coaching Franchise in the US and Canada in 2019, Intelligent Leadership Executive Coaching (ILEC).
- Applied for and were awarded an industry leading 14 registered trademarks by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Hired Dr. Mike Smith (President of JMG and ILCI) in 2020.
- Created and launched Intelligent Leadership Online Academy (ILOA) based on John’s principles of leadership and coaching, in 2021.
- Founded and launched our international coaching company, Intelligent Leadership Coaching International: Pioneered by John Mattone in 2021.
- ILCI Regional Presidents Named: Charbel Zreiby-Middle East and Africa; Aldo Civico-LATAM/Spain; Grahame Gerstenberg & Danette Fenton Menzies-Australia/NZ; Dr. Barbara Dalle Pezze-Italy; Karel Bakkes-Asia-Pacific; and Ajay Bakshi-India. ILCI Corporate License awarded to Adrian Lim and The Corporate Culture in Singapore.
- In 2021, John was hired to coach the CEO of PepsiCo—Central and South America & a confidential Royal Family in Monoco
- For three consecutive years—2019, 2020, and 2021, the research organization Global Gurus has ranked John as the world’s #1 executive coach.
The Future of the IL Movement
- Intelligent Leadership Coaching International (ILCI) licensing will grow to 8-10 Master/Company Licensees (ILCI Coaching Firms) along with 100+ licensees in the Middle East, Europe, India, APAC , and LATAM Regions by EOY 2027.
- Intelligent Leadership (IL) Certification Training (ICF CCE Track) under the ILCI Brand will experience significant growth. In 2023, ILCI will certify and train 200 coaches and 1,000+ by EOY 2027.
- Intelligent Leadership Executive Coaching (ILEC) US and Canada Licensing will grow from 15 Licensees to 250 by EOY 2027.
- Intelligent Leadership (IL) Certification Training (ICF CCE Track) under the ILEC Brand will experience significant growth. In 2023, ILEC will certify and train 200 coaches and 1,000+ by EOY 2027.
- Intelligent Leadership Online Academy (ILOA): The Future of Leadership Development, Now is our SaaS leadership development coaching platform and program that cost-effectively brings coaching to the masses is embedded in the IL portfolio of solutions. We envision 500 Global IL Licensees bringing ILOA to their clients by EOY 2027.
- The Executive Coach’s Handbook-Volume I was released in August 2022 and became an Amazon best-seller and #1 Amazon best-selling new release in multiple categories. Volumes II and Volume III will be released in 2024 and 2026, respectively. The Executive Coaching Handbook Series will contain over 1,000 pages of John Mattone’s best thinking on what it takes to grow a successful executive coaching business.
- By 2025, the IL Movement as a results-driven, transformational leadership growth philosophy and process that ignites, cultivates, and polishes an individual’s heart, mind, and soul—will be recognized as the global premier brand that brings exceptional leadership and cultural capability to an organization.